On this page you will get answers to the following questions which will help you make a better choice with backpacker travel insurance.
1. What is the coverage of backpacker insurance?
2. What are the types of policies?
3. Travel insurance tips and how to reduce the costs?
First let us understand what is backpacking?
Backpacking is travelling many places for a cheaper price. It is liked by people who want to travel on a budget and younger people who are low on cash. While everyone wants to have a good time while travelling sometimes wrong things happen and travelers become victims of theft or fall sick. People sometimes even tend to loose some baggage.
In order to fight such problems we have backpacking insurance which can help yo in a big way. You need to choose the perfect coverage which will specifically suit your needs.
Types of policies:
There are many policies out there but two distinguished ones that you can use in this situation are as follows:
1. Backpacker travel insurance:
In this type of insurance you can get covered for one long period of time. This will be the duration of the trip.
2. Yearly insurance:
This is intended for many number of shorter holidays. However there will be a limit on the number of days you can go for at once. For eg. You can for any number of trips but each trip should not be more than a month.
So if you know that you will be going for multiple short trips in a year you should opt for the second option and vice versa.
Coverage of a backpacker travel insurance.
1. This insurance will take care of circumstances like theft or misplacement of belongings. It will also work in your favor in case of sickness or a mishap. The insurance will also take care of medical and repatriation costs.
2. The insurance will also take care of specialized matters – risky and exciting sports like rock climbing etc.
You may be covered for the following:
1. Some insurance plans may cover European region or world wide. You need to check the geographical coverage.
2. Age is another factor which has a limit. If you are above a certain age limit, policies may not provide coverage or may have clauses attached to them. Make sure you read them all.
3. Some insurance companies may need you to take due precautions by taking medication before going for such trips. So ensure that you ask or read the terms and conditions.
Tips to save money:
1. Get a shot:
If you know you are going to disease prone areas in Asia or elsewhere, make sure that you get your shots. Such injections can have their own side effects so make sure that you take them well in advance.
2. Cheapest may not be the best:
Make sure that you get adequate coverage for what you are going for. For example, if you are going for water sports, you should have it in your coverage.
3. Shop before hand:
Get the currency you require and other things ready before you go. Last minute haste can cost you money.
That is all that you need to do. Have a happy backpacking trip.